As the most commonly performed in cosmetic treatment in North America, BOTOX® is considered by most medical professionals as the gold standard in treating wrinkles, creases and lines.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons reports that over 7.2 million BOTOX treatments were performed in 2017 alone, and this figure will most steadily increase as it consistently has in the past.
Why is BOTOX so popular?
1. The treatment takes just 10-15 minutes. The pre-consultation, discussion of your goals and skin assessment usually take longer than the actual treatment! It’s so fast many people get it done over their lunch hour.
2. There are no knives involved as it’s just an injection treatment and most patients don’t complain of pain or discomfort. Numbing cream can be applied beforehand to make your experience even more comfortable.
3. The results can be subtle to dramatic — whatever YOU prefer. Do you want a minor improvement that’s barely noticeable or a dramatic overhaul of your look? Whichever it may be, we can help you achieve it to your satisfaction.
4. It is extremely affordable. If you consider that results usually last about 4 months, a typical treatment would cost you about a cup of coffee a day. Repeated treatments will give you longer lasting results to make this even more affordable!
Look years younger & improve satisfaction in your appearance
A study published in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal reports that patients who received botulinum toxin type A (the active ingredient in BOTOX) to the vertical creases between their brows increased their level of satisfaction with their overall facial appearance by 28%. The patients also stated that they thought they looked an average of 5.6 years younger just by treating these creases, called glabellar lines.
BOTOX Cosmetic is the only FDA approved aesthetic treatment for moderate to severe frown lines between the brows (glabellar lines) and wrinkles extending from the outer corners of the eyes (crow’s feet) in adults. The active ingredient in the product is Clostridium botulinum. In small doses, this organism can be incredibly helpful in treating not just cosmetic issues, but those related to health, from chronic migraines to spasticity and stress urinary incontinence.
Because of its amazing effects, it can also be used for the following aesthetic concerns:
- Sagging and droopy brows
Gently lifting a droopy brow brightens up the eyes and makes you look less tired and angry.
- Horizontal forehead creases and frown lines
Smoothing away deep lines across the forehead makes you look less angry and more approachable.
- An overly prominent or square jawline (masseter)
By rounding your jawline, it changes the shape of your face to make it look more feminine and softer.
- Downturned lip corners
An ever so slight upturning of the lip corners prevents you from looking sad or upset all the time.
- Prominent platysmal bands in the neck
By relaxing the prominent vertical bands in your neck, you’ll get rid of that “turkey gobbler” look.
Your free consultation at AUSTEX Wellness & Medical Spa
Is BOTOX right for you? Find out in your free consultation with our licensed board certified doctor, Dr. Kevin Hoffarth. Dr. Hoffarth has been practicing medicine for over 15 years and has extensive knowledge in BOTOX and a variety of other aesthetic medical treatments. He’ll assess your goals, review your medical condition and respond to all of your questions and concerns to help you make the right decision. This consultation is a private medical appointment.
Once you’re sure BOTOX is safe and right for you, our talented aesthetic medical injector, Lisa Damante RN, will perform your treatment. With a gentle and artistic touch, you’ll love Lisa’s straightforward approach to achieving your optimum beauty potential. We have hundreds of satisfied patients to prove this!
When can I see my results?
It will take a few days for your BOTOX results to appear. While most of our clients can see an improvement in a few days, please allow up to 2 weeks for the full improvement to appear. Common side effects include bruising and swelling. As you wait, the injected BOTOX will work its magic, gradually relaxing the targeted muscles so the overlying skin can smooth out. You’ll be amazed at how much younger and refreshed you look!
Results last up to 4 months, or more with repeated treatments.
It’s time to get rid of those pesky wrinkles.